- This event has passed.
Annual 4th of July around Utah Lake
July 4 @ 4:00 am - 1:00 pm
Please join us for our 8th annual, Fourth of July ride, around Utah lake.
We are inviting Team Velove to join Utah Velo Club and any others for this epic annual ride.
Here are the details:
- Meet at Smith’s in Saratoga Springs (689 N. Redwood Rd).
- We leave Smiths at 4am sharp. The ride is counter clockwise around the lake.
- A headlight and taillight are mandatory. Please don’t jeopardize anyone’s safety by riding without lights.
- The distance is approx. 95 miles.
- The average speed is 18-22 mph.
- The group typically splinters after the first 25 miles or so. Please bring a friend that will ride the distance with you.
- The first regroup is in Elberta (Hiway UT 68 meets UT Hiway 6).
- The 2nd regroup is a very brief stop at the Centennial Park in Sanatquin to sing one Patriotic song.
9.A food, water and rest stop will be at the Maverik store on East Main St. in Santaquin just east of I-15.
- After the rest stop everyone proceeds north at their own pace. Rest and water stops are individual choice heading back.
- Please see the ride map.
- This is a non-sanctioned and non-supported ride. Each rider is responsible for their own safety and support.
- highway crews have just chip sealed the road from the Bateman Farm to Elberta (about 10 miles) it’s completely rideable, but the side of the road and shoulders have spots with deep gravel. With a big group I think you’ll want to give fair warning and encourage them to stay clear of the edge of the road.